Your new VPS comes pre-configured with ubuntu Linux and a LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, mySQL and PHP).
Before your server becomes available to the general public, there are several step you must complete.
1. It would be advantageous to have at least a skeleton website ready to deploy on your server (i.e. a coming soon ... page)
2. you must have a domain name registered in your name (i.e. thegreenislandproject.com)
3. you should be aware of how to "harden" the security of your server as to keep it safe from hackers and the like.
4. you should log in to the registrar's website and redirect the registrar's DNS server entries for your domain to the IP of your new server.
5. you should register the IP of your server on the server providers DNS servers, to point to your domain.
6. you should have ftp and/or ssh access to your web server so that you can update your website and add or modify the website's content.
7. there are exceptions to point 6, such as webmin ( a service that can be installed on your server which grants you access to these and many other aspects of your server ), or a pre-configured web service, such as odoo (a full featured web service that includes website, e-commerce, invoicing, timesheets, CRM, fleet management, blogs and much more ...) or opencart (a turnkey e-commerce solution)
8. There are also other steps to consider if you wish to have e-mail on your server or other services.
If you require assistance, please contact us, as we have services available to do all of this for you!
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About this Forum
We will do our best to answer as quickly as possible, and invite any of our clients to post answers as well. Read Guidelines
|Asked: 3/28/17, 3:08 PM|
|Seen: 650 times|
|Last updated: 3/28/17, 3:28 PM|